The Union State Day at the 30th anniversary "Slavianski bazaar in Vitebsk" culminated into a grand concert in the Summer Amphitheater. Favorite Festival tunes sounded, and Elena Spiridovich, the concert presenter, congratulated the city and the Festival on the occasion.
Dmitry Mezentsev, the State Secretary of the Union State, being welcomed with a storm of applause addressed the jubilee Festival, the concert and TV audience:
- Dear Vitebsk, dear guests of the city. The Festival came off. It has been making each of us happy for 30 years. We are happy to have the right and honor to be present at the legendary Summer Amphitheater. "Slavianski Bazaar in Vitebsk" unites everyone who honors and preserves traditions, culture, all those who are hospitable.
The Union State and relations do not depend on political winds; they follow everybody’s spiritual impulses. "Slavianski bazaar in Vitebsk" continues its 30 years’ run. We are ready to support the International Forum of Arts in Vitebsk. The decision was taken to prolong the Union State Day for several days in the upcoming 2022. Our countries, our states are ready for cooperation. The Festival is to be in Vitebsk, and we are excited about it. The relations in the Union State are worth respecting. Our homes and partnership are open to new friends. We preserve the memories of the past, the memory of our common victories and history.
Sergei Strelchenko, the executive secretary of the Parliamentary Assembly, welcomed he Festival on behalf of Vyacheslav Volodin, the Chairman of the Parliamentary Assembly of the
Union of Belarus and Russia, Chairman of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation. The address emphasized the fact that "Slavianski Bazaar in Vitebsk", strengthening friendship, and expanding international cooperation, has been a center of attraction for creative people from different countries for 30 years.
Roman Golovchenko, Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus, heads of the government, Vitebsk region and the city authorities, representatives of state and public institutions of Belarus and Russia attended the event.
The Union State Award was bestowed upon Belarusian and Russian workers of cultures, who impacted significantly the development of the two states interaction.
The Standing Committee of the Union State awarded the Diplomas "For Creative Embodiment of the Ideas of Friendship of the Peoples of Belarus and Russia" to:
- the Presidential Orchestra of the Republic of Belarus under Vitaly Kulbakov (Belarus); for sustained contribution to organizing and holding of the International Festival of Arts "Slavianski Bazaar in Vitebsk";
- the "Belye Rosy " ("White dew ") dance, music and song ensemble, art director Vera Voynova , the Honored Artist of the Republic of Belarus; for sustained contribution to organizing and holding of the International Festival of Arts "Slavianski Bazaar in Vitebsk";
- Ruslan Stabrovsky, Chief Sound Engineer of the State Institution "Center of Culture"Vitebsk "
(Belarus); for personal contribution to organizing and holding the Union State events
within the framework of the International Festival of Arts "Slavianski Bazaar in Vitebsk";
- Olga Shlyager, Deputy General Producer of Belteleradiocompany; for long-term contribution and holding of the International Festival of Arts "Slavianski Bazaar in Vitebsk" and strengthening Belarusian-Russian cultural ties;
- Irina Velikanova, Director General of the State Central Museum of Contemporary History of Russia (Russia); for personal creative contribution to strengthening Belarusian-Russian cultural ties;
- Diana Gurtskaya, the Honored Artist of Russia; for personal creative contribution to strengthening Belarusian-Russian ties;
- Larisa Dolina, People's Artist of Russia; for a great creative contribution to strengthening Belarusian-Russian ties;
- Yuri Bashmet, violist and director, art director of the State Symphony Orchestra "New Russia" (Russia); for creative embodiment of the ideas of friendship between the peoples of Belarus and Russia. Yuri Bashment sent a video message making a declaration of love to Vitebsk and the Festival.
The stardom concert followed the award ceremony. The ovation greeted all the artists-participants. The latter weren’t sparing in giving praise. Larisa Dolina, Irina Vashchenko, Alexander Oleshko, Gleb Matveychuk, Sergei Volchkov, Sergei Voitenko, the "Bayan-Mix " duet, soloists of the Bolshoy Theater of Belarus, expressed their love to the city and the Festival.
The National Academic Choir of the Republic of Belarus named after G.I. Tsitovich, State
Academic Russian Folk Choir named after M.E. Pyatnitsky, the All Saints "Male Choir" and the
Choir of the Sretensky Monastery impressed the audience with vocal and performance.
Anastasia Gladilina and Diana Gurtskuya, the Laureates of the International Pop Song of Performers Contest " Vitebsk", and Alyona Lanskya, the Grand Prix Holder of "Vitebsk -2011" were met with stormy applause.
Songs and fiery dances swirled for more than two hours. Everyone who attended the concert got a boost of energy and festive mood.
article by Elena Grin,
rendered by Anna Apanasenko